So it’s Thanksgiving weekend in Canada and I’m working hard on being grateful. I haven’t been blogging much but the past few months have been a whirlwind of emotions. From May-July I was really struggling with my mental health. The month of May marked the year anniversary of my first loss, and I didn’t handle it well.
Thankfully, with a visit home, some counselling, and the help of some antidepressants (more on that later) I’m feeling much better. And I feel as though I’m in a place where I can feel thankful for my life again.
So here are some things I’m grateful for:
- My marriage. My husband really is the best, and though we’ve been through a lot, we’re closer then ever.
- My cat. We adopted a kitten in March and he’s been a great addition to our little family. He’s a lot of work, and doesn’t necessarily cuddle with me as much as I’d like (cats are so fickle!) but I love him so so much.
- I’m grateful for the healthcare I have access to in Alberta. I’m so grateful for grief counselling, fertility clinics, and doctors that take the time to listen to me.
- My friends and family. Community is a great thing.
- My job. It’s busy, loud, and often a little overwhelming, but I love it. I love my students, I love how it keeps me busy, and I love being able to celebrate little victories every day.
Life is hard. But one thing I’m learning is that even amidst the hard, crappy happenings, this is still a good life. <3